Testimonials from Youth Events
PITCH N PRAISE, Gavin Wark
- I direct a weekend event for high school students called Pitch & Praise which has a 34 year history and draws about 2,000 people from around the province of Ontario. This year Bob Cates came to the event and performed several stunts in our General Sessions, conducted a juggling workshop for students, and performed a full show late on the final night of the event. Although attendance at the evening show was optional, almost everyone involved in the retreat from students to volunteers, showed up based on the shorter performances they has seen earlier in the day.
Bob’s ability to juggle is phenomenal, and his ability to engage the crowd with wit and humour and participation in his stunts really takes his performances to another level of excellence. Our audience wasn’t simply spell-bound, they were having a great time with Bob and felt very endeared to him by the end of the show.
I have seen Bob perform on other occasions but most of the stunts he performed at our event were new to me and much of his witty interaction with the crowd was right off the cuff. Bob pushes himself to be fresh and innovative and to bring in new elements that his audience will relate to.
Off-stage, I have always found Bob very approachable, willing to adapt to our context, and a genuine pleasure to work with.
We are constantly looking for talented performers for Pitch & Praise and other related events, and I simply don’t know any other Canadian performers who are on par with Bob.
NO OTHER NAME Ottawa Youth Convention, The MET, Pastor Matt, Bellefeuille
- Our high school students loved Bob! His humour and talent kept students locked in for the entire show, which any youth worker can tell you is quite a feat!
CANADA YOUTH 2009, Presbyterian Record
- After a long, wonderful spiritual day, we were ushered to a hall for some type of performance. I assumed it would be some guy with a guitar singing “Kumbaya”. When I heard he was some type of magician, I was even more skeptical. However as I sat in the audience I was quickly swept up in his stage presence, charm, and humor. It’s not everyday you see a full grown man playing Dance Dance Revolution, not to mention a full grown man memorizing a song on expert well enough to juggle pins at the same time. Even more seldom seen is a full grown man on a 6-foot unicycle juggling milk, a tea cup, and a dagger. All in all it was a fascinating show that was totally captivating for audiences of all ages. Birthday party of the year anyone? Also immediately after the show, every third kid had a chinese yoyo. You couldn’t walk more than a minute without sidestepping a flying cone type thing. Everyone was buzzing with excitement and the energy was flying through the air nearly as quickly as a bag of milk.
That man is just plain funny. I was truly entertained.
YOUTH QUAKE, Cal Macfarlane, Director, Briercrest Bible College, Saskatchewan
- I am delighted to recommend Bob Cates and his Comedy in Motion show. It was Bob's third time at Youth Quake and his performances were outstanding. This year's addition of the Human Laser Gate was spectacular.
FALLFEST CHICAGO, Philip Brackney, The Winterfest Group
- Bob Cates was perfect for our event. He not only was entertaining for the teens, but delivered the gospel message to the teens as well. He was easy to work with and met all of our requests. If you are planning an event that needs entertainment. Bob Cates and Comedy in Motion is just what you are looking for.
CRESTWICKE YOUTH MINISTRIES, Youth Pastor Stephen Crewson
- Flexible. Humorous.
These words describe our experience with Bob Cates. Despite swarming mosquitoes for our outdoor event and a confined space for his unicycle, which might have discouraged most performers, Bob amazed each one of us by his willingness to work with his environment and do so with excellence as he juggle knives, torches, balls, bowling pins and spun plates.
I also appreciated Bob for his willingness to incorporate into his program a clear message of the Gospel as he entertained. I would highly recommend Bob to any church planning an outreach event with a focus on the family or children.