Ministries & Para-Church Organizations
THE BILLY GRAHAM EVANGELISTIC ASSOCIATION, David Macfarlane, Director of National Initiatives
- So glad that I saw you perform in that tent long ago to witness your skill and passion for the Lord that led us to book you for our Evangelism Congress – you hit it out of the park again!!!! Lots of positive comments.
Of course the great contribution you made in addition to the fantastic show was how you taught on how to present the gospel
THE GIDEONS INTERNATIONAL IN CANADA, Dr. Gord Balfour
- Bob presented his Comedy in Motion show to our 100th National Convention in Ottawa. He had the entire audience spellbound with crazy antics and first rate entertainment. A hallmark of Bob's work : it is a clean show - very good for the entire family. Bob is great to work with and pays careful attention to details. The plate spinning finale, which engaged the entire group, was an excellent end to the evening. Highly recommended! Your performance wowed the audience, plus showed people how great entertainment can also be clean and fun in a Christian context. Well done.
YOUTH FOR CHRIST, ALLISTON, Rev. Robert Graham
- Friends, if you want a show that will keep you on the edge of your seat the whole time, go and see Comedy in Motion, with Bob Cates. This is the most entertaining performance I have ever enjoyed - filled with good humour, and wonderful tricks that I have never witnessed before. Just imagine someone twirling 3 large machetes while riding a 7 foot unicycle and you begin to get the picture! I fully expected to see one fall and slam into the brand new stage, but thankfully that never happened. The laser show is spectacular with lighted Chinese yo yo's being flung up to the ceiling, twirling around his body and spinning in every conceivable way. The piece de resistance is the sight of 21 plates twirling around on 21 rods, while the audience screams at Bob to catch the two or three that are starting to wobble. A total treat and worth every penny!
HIGHLANDS YOUTH FOR CHRIST
- Your performance was brilliant, and your generosity was such a blessing
CITY KIDZ, Rebekah Vos
- On June 22nd, 2008 City Kidz hosted its Volunteer Appreciation Event at Mountain Sports Complex in Hamilton, Ontario. We had 100 of our City Kidz volunteers join us for a day of fun and fellowship. For all in attendance, the highlight of this event was watching Comedy in Motion performer; Bob Cates, stun the crowd with his incredible talent of juggling the flaming torches, twirling the chinese yo-yo, and exhibiting a personality that drew lots of laughter and amazement from the audience.
l was personally impressed with the way Mr. Cates interacted with the crowd. Upon choosing volunteers to join in on the show, he was exceptional in drawing out each of their personalities in order to contribute to the comedy of the show. Bob along with his wife Jane, ensured that the show was entertaining and that the audience was well connected to the experience of enjoying one of the most comical and skilled acts we have seen at City Kidz.
It is encouraging to see someone outworking their gifts and talents to bless others!
Not only will your event be a great success with Bob‘s performance, but a very memorable one for years to come!
Bob - Thank you for blessing the volunteers from City Kidz!
TRENTON CHRISTIAN SCHOOL - FUNDRAISER, Barb Westerman
- Many thanks Bob for your amazing and hilarious performance at our school's Gala. You were such a hit and everyone who attended the Gala can't say enough good things about the evening and your performance! You really made this one of the most successful and enjoyable fundraising events that TCS has ever had!
Thank you also for running the no exit auction!! What hoot that was and it did amazingly well!!
The numbers are in, and with your help, we were able to raise just over $34,000!!
So thank you again!
May God continue to bless you and those that you are in contact with!
UPWARD BASKETBALL, BETHANY COMMUNITY CHURCH, Tim Tulloch
- When we needed a performer for our season closing celebration I enquired only to Mr. Bob Cates. I had seen a brief performance of his, and also heard my kids talking about how much they as teenagers enjoyed his performances. We would be bringing in an entertainer who could captivate children as young as age 5 to Grandma’s and Grandpa’s. We also wanted an entertainer who would bring a positive message and a wholesome program.
We booked Bob Cates and we were not disappointed. Every part of the experience was handled extremely professionally. The booking to the contract and right up to the event left us with a good feeling that we had chosen well. Mr. Cates talked to our lighting and sound technician beforehand to make sure that everything he required to make his performance a success was in place. He came early as announced and was well organized the day of the performance, and had time to run through some of his set with the sound technician so that the proper lighting and sound levels and other devices all were set properly and working properly.
The performance was nothing short of spectacular. Mr. Cates and his assistant Jane connected with the audience both young and old and had them spell-bound. Even I, who had seen much of his routine earlier, found myself not taking my eyes off them for fear of missing something. We had booked him for a one hour performance and it seemed the time just flew by. One routine led into another. He interacted with the audience while seamlessly weaving comedy, juggling and illusion together, and brought members of the audience on stage involving them into his performance.
“Comedy In Motion” was exactly that. A delightful fun filled, fast moving, entertaining performance for young and old alike. Bob Cates “brings it” like none other I’ve seen. The night was a total success. I was so impressed and as a matter of fact have booked Mr. Bob Cates to entertain us again this year
Mr. Cates is a true professional. And everything about our booking, the performance, to the tearing down and packing up was done in a matter that met or exceeded our expectations.
I would highly recommend Mr. Bob Cates, “Comedy in Motion” to anyone.
FATHERS DAY BREAKFAST, SUMMERSIDE COMMUNITY CHURCH, Rev. Mark Cuthbert
- For this year's Father's Day Breakfast, we featured Bob Cates. The morning was a great success...and included a number of people that don't normally attend church. He presented a very funny show with great participation and skill that appealed to all ages. Bob shared the Gospel and a very tactful and natural way. Bob's ministry was just what we wanted and we would not hesitate to have him back for another show. We would highly recommend his show as a great way for a church to build bridges into the community.
SANDY COVE MINISTRIES, MARYLAND, Nate Ransil, Assitant Director of Program Ministries
- Recently I brought Bob Cates and his Comedy In Motion show in to perform at a New Years Eve event at our conference center. It’s a bit of a challenge because we feed our guests a huge prime rib dinner, and then rely on our performers to be engaging enough to keep them awake and having fun all the way till midnight. Well, Bob was up to the challenge, and kept the entire audience mesmerized throughout his whole performance. Our guests were primarily middle aged, but we also had some well older than that, and maybe a dozen or so kids in the mix, just to make it extra tricky. This did not hinder Bob at all – his performance had everyone enthralled, regardless of their age! Though he makes it look effortless, Bob obviously has spent countless hours honing his amazing skills, and the result is a flawless show beyond what anyone would think possible. And as good as his physical skills are, Bobs people skills are at least as good, and he does a tremendous job interacting with the audience and working them into the show. Even though we tried to tell them ahead of time, I think our guests were unprepared for how good this show was, and it really blew them away! People kept asking me “How do you find these people?” which as an event planner, is exactly what I want to hear.
Also as an event planner, I am looking for performers who are easy to work with, as there are plenty of the alternative out there. Bob Cates and his wife Jane excel in this area. Bob has enough attention to detail to give me confidence that everything is going to go off without a hitch, while being as laid back and easy going as could be. We put a lot of parameters on him, with limited times for load in and set up, low ceilings over the wings of the stage, other performers needing to immediately utilize the stage, and having him split his show into two parts, to name a few. Bob defined flexibility before, during and after his show and took all of the potential stress out of the production. Bob is a true professional, is amazing at what he does, and it is evident that he loves doing it too. For all of these reasons, I would not hesitate to bring him back to our stage to perform for any of our events.
DUNDAS CALVIN CHRISTIAN SCHOOL, Case and Diane Vanderkruk, 50th Anniversary Chair
- I can’t begin to tell you how grateful we were to have you perform at our grade school’s 50th anniversary. Your interaction with the children was fun and totally entertaining. It was great to have a comedy act that was both clean and fun and fit for families. Many people came to my husband and myself and proclaimed your praises. You truly were a perfect fit for the occasion. I can boldly say that every person present enjoyed the show. The length of show is perfect keeping the audience hungry for more. Thank you again for taking the time to come out, we would recommend you to any other organization looking for family entertainment.
STOUFFVILLE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL, Leslie Cusato
- In the spring of 2012 Stouffville Christian School hired Bob Cates to perform at its annual fundraising evening. We were thrilled with his performance! We sold more tickets to our event than we had ever sold in the past. Those who attended told us the show was entertaining for all ages, it amazed them and held their attention and that everything about it was professional. We highly recommend him and hope to have him perform at another one of our events in the future.
GILEAD MINISTRIES, Pastor Bill Sparks
- Thinking about Bob Cates?
Don’t think any longer, book him!
Bob wowed our audience this past month at our annual banquet. His talent and ability to connect with the audience is absolutely amazing. After the show, many people approached me to ask if the volunteers on the stage were given scripts to perform. “No, they weren’t”, was my reply. Bob’s love of people and dynamic personality made even these unsuspecting volunteers from the crowd a hit.
After 14 years of being involved in non-profit fundraising, I have seen a little of everything. Bob’s performance made our evening such a success that we have had one of the largest financial responses to our appeal. Our night of the event donations were the highest we’ve ever had. Here are some the comments we got from Bob’s evening with us…
“I was not sure about this one, but after I got there, all my hesitation went away!”
“I thought the laser light show was AWESOME!”
“THIS IS THE BEST ENTERTAINMENT YOU’VE EVER HAD!”
“I really enjoyed him on the unicycle!”
“I loved him, what a talented man”
I think the last one says it all!
As an executive director whose job is making sure you meet your budget, you’re thrilled when you can finish an evening of entertainment for nearly 600 people, ask them for money and still have them thanking you for inviting them to a fundraising event, you’ve got a winning show!
Our ministry encourages cancer patients. We invite our patients to join us at our banquet, free of charge. Bob not only entertained our perspective investors, he also made the evening memorable by helping those whose lives have been torn apart by cancer, laugh and smile. And for that moment, they were able to forget the pain and struggle, something they rarely, if ever, get the opportunity to do. That’s a scriptural prescription for a diseased heart (Proverbs 17:22).
The greatest part about Bob Cates’ performance with our organization is that he was able to share a clear plan of salvation. Fifty percent or more of our seventy patients who attended that evening were unsure about their relationship with Christ. Bob gave them a clear understanding of what it took to make their unsure standing before God secure, and in a loving way left them to the decision of a lifetime.
Booking Bob Cates will make you look like the smartest person in your organization.
WE WILL BE SEEING BOB AGAIN, YOU CAN BE CERTAIN OF THAT!
RESURRECTION CHRISTIAN ACADEMY, Lisa Brombal
- Thank you so much for a wonderful evening. My cheeks are stilling hurting from all my laughter. You really put on an outstanding show for our guests, thank you.
FOREST BAPTIST, Jim Snyder, Awana Director
- I wanted to thank you and Jane and Hudson again for a remarkable day!
When I took on the role of Awana Commander last summer, and understood that this was the 20th year that it was hosted by Forest Baptist, it was on my heart to celebrate in a significant way. It wasn’t long after that you and your show came to my mind as a great way to help us with that celebration.
I can see that God was all over this – from the original idea, to the email correspondence that we had, to the way the elders supported the plan, and to how the financing was provided to make this a free event for our community – thanks be to God for all of it
Our congregation caught my enthusiasm for this event – from those who helped move chairs, helped you unload and reload, to the sound board folks, camera men, the ladies that looked after the refreshments in the gym and the clean up folks – I was so blessed by so many as I saw the day unfold
So many times, when you plan and prepare for a special day, it seems like you get to it, it happens, and then .
But with this event, I am still full of joy at how fantastic it all was.
So again, thanks to you, your employee of the month, and to the sharpest dressed little guy, You-all have blessed us!
FAITH CHRISTIAN ACADEMY, ST. THOMAS, Barry Pearce, Minister
- Bob, Jane and Hudson Cates performed for a fundraiser at our Christian school, Faith Christian Academy, last week. We had a Family Fun Night for our church and school families with over 400 in attendance. This evening turned out to be a great fellowship and fundraising event. Bob was a great entertainer- very funny and engaging. One attendee mentioned that it is hard to find “someone who can get 7 and 70 year olds laughing at the same time.” Comedy in Motion was able to accomplish that!
Bob and Jane had servants’ hearts, and they were a pleasure to deal with. We would certainly recommend them to you.
NEW HOPE COMMUNITY CHURCH, Pastor Greg Wyton
- We host a major community event every year in London Ontario and we were looking for some great entertainment. Somebody suggested the name Bob Cates. With a quick look at Bob’s website and some pretty impressive personal reviews by people we knew and respected, we booked Bob for our event.
I can just tell you Bob was a big hit. The crowd went crazy in all the shows throughout the day. Everything from the amazing balancing routines, to the black light and laser demos, it was all great. I don’t think anyone anywhere could pull off the plate balancing routine that Bob does.
Bob has a way of capturing the crowd with his skills, and keeping their attention with his personality and his humour. There is never a dull moment in Bob’s presentation and I would highly recommend him for any event regardless the size or the demographic of the crowd.
WOODLAND CHRISTIAN HIGH SCHOOL, Marjorie Sutherland, Assembly Co-ordinator
- We had Bob perform at our school in January, 2011. Bob's performance was outstanding. He is an amazingly talented juggler, comedian and entertainer. He uses his wonderful sense of humor to draw the audience into the show. Everyone was laughing from start to finish. The jokes were tasteful and appropriate for an all-ages audience. The show was dramatically staged (lights, fog machine, music etc), and our students received the performance with great enthusiasm.
Our experience working with Comedy in Motion, from an “events planning” perspective was a very positive one. All of our dealings with Comedy in Motion were handled professionally. The contract was clear, and fulfilled to our satisfaction. Bob was able to make his show affordable to our school's budget, which was greatly appreciated. The company delivered a fantastic product and we would definitely invite Comedy in Motion back to our school in the future. We highly recommend Bob and Comedy in Motion
GUELPH COMMUNITY CHRISTIAN SCHOOL, Paul Adema
- Thank you for your performance at Guelph Community Christian School’s Festival Night on November 6, 2009. It truly was comedy in motion. I really appreciated how you engaged everyone and the way you used the adults and children from the audience in your show. You sure are excellent at using your many God given talents. Many people commented they have never seen a show like yours. We have had a lot of positive feedback from both the young and old.
Thank you for your outstanding performance.